1. You must fish in our designated area and have your ticket in your possession. Ice fish at your own risk.
2. Site of contest will be from Pelican Point to the shale banks, cones will mark fishing area. Registration will be 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. hours of contest will be 1:00 P.M. TO 4:00 P.M. (Must be in line to weigh your fish at 4:00pm).
3. All ice houses will have to go through registration, any ice house (in designated area) will be marked and not allowed to fish out of for the fishing derby
4. All fish entered must be brought to the judges’ stand immediately in water and alive to be eligible. Only fish caught during the contest hours within tournament boundaries are eligible. Must present ticket to weigh fish.
5. In the event of a tie of weight, the first fish weighed will be awarded the higher position.
6. No holes provided.
7. You must have a current North Dakota fishing license and abide by state laws.
8. No drilling after 1:00PM
9. Normal size bait buckets are allowed. Fish houses, shelters, and recreational vehicles (that go through registration) are allowed on the ice. No personal vehicles allowed on the ice during the fishing derby hours. All personal articles are subject to search prior and during fishing.
10. We will provide parking off the lake. Instructions will be announced at rules meeting where to park.
11. Participants must act and behave in an orderly manner and be responsible for their actions. No debris to be left in your area during or after the contest.
12. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the fishing contest area.
13. Decisions by our judges will be binding and final.
14. There will be no refunds if the contest is cancelled; however all prizes will be awarded.
15. All winners are responsible for their own taxes and license.
16. Tickets may be purchased through authorized vendors.
17. There will be no contestant sharing of fish. All fish caught must go immediately to the judges. Alive in water.
18. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to a contestant’s disqualification and cancellation of participation in this contest.
19. This is a nonprofit contest. Proceeds will be used for the Jamestown Rural Fire Department and local charities.
20. Only one (1) fishing prize per person per species.
21. No contestant may fish within contest area on the day of contest prior to the start at 1:00 p.m.; no lines in water –not even to check or set depth before 1:00 p.m. (electronics are allowed to check depth.)
22. Winners responsible for picking up their prizes within 30 days. If not picked up within 30 days they become property of the Jamestown Rural Fire Dept. Prizes may be picked up the Jamestown Knights of Columbus Club.
23. Any unclaimed fishing prizes will be drawn for at the Jamestown Civic Center.
24. All ticket holders must pass through inspection gates to be eligible to fish. Must have ticket, in possession to fish.
25. Perimeters will be patrolled.
26. Prize Winners are responsible for taxes. If a minor wins a prize, the parent or guardian is responsible for the taxes.
27. Fish at your own risk. The Jamestown Rural Fire Department and its sponsors are not liable for accidents.
28. We will try to update our Facebook page throughout the fishing derby.